Epson has announced a new short-run label press, the SurePress L-4533 Series, to replace its existing L-4033 model. The new press offers enhanced features including improved productivity, reliability and reduced maintenance.
The SurePress L-4533 Series is aimed at small to medium sized label converters looking for digital printing capability, as well as commercial printers wishing to diversify into packaging and labelling. It has been designed to offer an easy-setup digital solution for producing short to medium sized runs of commercial labels on a variety of substrates. This allows users to diversify services and offer quick turnaround for on-demand orders.
The L-4533 Series offers improved image quality at higher print speeds as well as faster variable data processing. The press is highly automated and easy to use with minimal maintenance. It also uses the SurePress AQ inkset with green and orange to provide a very wide colour gamut, and has white ink capability to expand its range of potential applications. The AQ inks are water-based and the press has no need for chemicals, plates or films, so the printing process is kinder to the environment.
Guy Martin, business development manager, Epson UK, says, “Since launching the previous SurePress model, we’ve been talking closely with our customers and listening to their ideas about how we could make our presses even better.
“The L-4533 Series combines some of the most frequently requested enhancements with improvements in Epson print technology to create a new press that’s faster, higher quality and even more versatile, for a wider range of applications.”
The SurePress L-4533 Series is available from September 2017 and its key features include:
– An inkjet digital label press with white ink for high-quality, short-run label printing
– An introduction of 2-pass printing and improved image quality at 4- and 6-pass
– New edge smoothing function improves the thickness of text or line quality
– Faster variable data-processing
– Epson SurePress AQ ink-set, which includes green and orange for a wide colour gamut, precise colour matching and accurate spot/speciality colours
– White ink capability, expanding the range of potential applications
– Epson Micro Piezo printheads, delivering accurate dot shape and placement, providing sharp detail for barcodes and small text
– Smooth gradations and optimum image quality due to Epson’s Variable-size Droplet Technology and a three picolitre minimum droplet size
– Supports a wide range of substrates from standard paper to thin films, metallics and laminated pouch material
– No need for substrate pre-treatment or coatings
– Flexible roll width capability allows cost savings by reducing substrate waste
– Fast and easy set-up
– Maximum uptime with automated head maintenance and hot-swappable ink cartridges
– Reduced cleaning frequency to minimise daily maintenance time
– Internal LED lighting and enlarged window for more visibility in key areas to allow easier maintenance
– Streamlined production with user-friendly, touch-screen operation
– Environmentally friendly with water-based inks and no need for chemicals, plates or films
Epson will also show many other printers across its 418 sq metre stand at LabelExpo. In addition to the new SurePress L-4533 Series there will be the sister UV model SurePress L-6034VW.